28 March 2011

Two New Layouts - Overcranked & Villain

Hi all,
I decided to throw together a quick layout of my husband's band last night, but realised I don't have any great recent band photos that I have taken. These ones were from a festival they played in 2006 and has 2 members who are no longer in the band. My husband found that idea difficult to grasp so I explained to him scrapbooking is about capturing all moments... not just the current ones. He want me to do one based on his new album now... but has no photos for me to work with so maybe down the track a bit.




So this one had a bit of a joint inspiration. The first inspiration came from Kerry's challenge for the Wicked Princesses Cyber Crop. We had to use the word 'RAINBOW' and have an item corresponding to each letter, so essentially a recipe challenge. Mine was:
R - Red
A - Alphas
I - Ink
N - Notes (music)
B - Bling (red glitter paint on skull) or band
O - Overcranked
W - White card stock

The second inspiration came from the current challenge at Punky Scraps, which actually motivated me to do my first splash of paint on a scrap layout. I can't say I did it overly well, but that explains the green mess behind my husband's rock star photo. Here is the inspiration pic:

So definitely not my best layout, but I was trying to challenge myself by doing a mega quick layout and using paint. The quick bit was a success. I'll practice the paint bit some more.

My other layout to share for the weekend was another for the cyber crop and is actually of my kitty cat Villain. Some of you have seen my other cat, Felix, featuring in some WOYWW posts, however Villain is a bit more camera shy. She is a siamese, and a little bit rolly polly round the middle. She loves to snuggle and even in the hottest part of summer, will always try and sleep on someone. Doesn't have much luck though.




So this challenge was also a recipe challenge created by Krissy, including 9 embellishments, 4 journal spots, something green, 2 alphas & a stationary item. Luckily I had a random fish shaped paperclip to add.

Again, I was challenging myself to do a quick layout since I can really take forever sometimes. Simple but that's all it needs when scrapping about pets usually.

Tonight I have plans to work on another DT layout for Scrapbooking Haven. Can't believe March is almost over! I am happy with the number of layouts I have squeezed in this month :-)

7 comments:

Toni Cartwright said...

Wow i love these 2 LO's the first, Overcranked is fabulas!!!! i love the "rock" style of it.
and the second of your cat.. WOW it looks simple but sure does look effective!!!!!!!
you have a great week
TONI
XOXOXOXOX

MBC Scrapbooking said...

What a cool layout! I love the details and lettering.
C:)

Cheryl (C Mom Go) said...

Both fabulous pages!! Love those tiny pawprints and the skull!!!

tiffany said...

love what you did with the paint!!! So glad to have you join in the challenge at Punky Scraps! =) Tiffany DT

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Loving your layouts! Especially your rockin' one! I can totally see your inspiration looking at the pic!!! Great!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love to see your punk rock style layouts - love that colour and the masculine style.
:)

Natalie Jane said...

LOVE it :) love your use of paint!! thanks for playing with punky scraps :)
nat xox