19 March 2011

Two Hearts

Hi everyone,
Well its the weekend and its quite wet here today in my part of Queensland. My hubby went out for a boys night last night to celebrate the finishing of their new CD recording and he isn't back home yet, so some time to upload my latest layout.

 This layout was completed using the current criteria at 123 Challenge, which was light or medium blue, the word to, two, or too and a doily. I realised I have not really completed any blue layouts recently, so I decided it would be a good opportunity to do so. It was not originally going to be a wedding layout, since our wedding colours are green, but it came together all pretty and did not match the original photos I had so it became a wedding layout lol Currently there is a joint challenge if you enter both this one and one of the March challenges at Savvy you can win a Savvy monthly kit. Great incentive and I'd already done a submission for Savvy at the start of the month.
 I used a very cute chipboard birdcage from A 2 Z scraplets in my layout too, along with various flowers and crotched lace. One of the flowers, the big pretty aqua hand made one was part of a gift from fellow blogger Rachael, so I was eager to use it as soon as it arrived.

What you can't really see is that the plain blue paper actually has a faint stamped swirl design all over it using white versamark ink. I felt it needed a little something more so it actually looks very pretty but subtle in person. I really need a better camera so I can share these little details better.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, thi slayout is simply stunning!! I love th egorgeous flowers and the chippy birdcage ;0)

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous Holly & thanks for joining in on the Sketch Challenge :o)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful !! Thank you for joining us !! xx♥