23 March 2011

WOYWW - Things to Share + Suggestions Wanted

Hi Everyone,
Its that time of the week again when we get to go for a visit to other people's desks. Don't forget to pop over to Julia's to see where it all began.

I had a mammoth online shop at various scrap sites last week so parcels have begun to flow in. Its always exciting to get deliveries. I am keen to get some OTP projects started and ready before Christmas so at least starting now gives me plenty of time to be prepared. So nothing much in progress just yet, but a lot of big plans for this coming week. But where to start... so many options!

My husband turns 30 on 17th May and I want to have a big party for him. I love the idea of theme parties so I suggested a few random themes for him a while ago, one of which was a 'pimp' theme lol He liked this one so we decided that's what we would go with, but I'm coming up a bit short on ideas for invitations. Google isn't all that helpful even though the Pimp & Ho theme is kind of common these days. I will of course make the invitations myself but wanted them to be a little different. I contemplated the idea of editing an image of money to have the party details, but it wasn't looking much good so maybe something else. I also want to make some decorations and have some fun theme games on the night. So please everyone, put on your creative hats for me and give me some suggestions for the party. Invitations... decorations... games and anything else. All suggestions will be very much appreciated since I'm starting to worry as it gets closer and I'm yet to organise a thing.

Ok, now for some pictures. This first photo is of the prize I won from the Scrapmatts blog hop. Looking forward to doing some layouts with these pretty chipboard accents.
 These photos are for the current planned WIP. They are actually for a certain layout that will come with an announcement in time for April. I love the bigger picture of my neice, resting on her hand hehe
 And of course, the desk. This is the other end of the desk today, rather than my computer section. Still messy of couse, but there are a few bits of black desk visible. That's where I keep my guillotine, my bug and a few other odds and ends.
I also wanted to draw all your attention to a new challenge blog starting by the extremely talented Nadia. Its Once Upon A Sketch and they are actually having a fantastic give away to help spread the world on this new site. Be sure to check it out, along with the super talented design team. Here is what you can win if you help spread the world (What an awesome kit!!!):

Thank you to everyone who visits and comments on my blog. Your lovely feedback is always so nice to read and keeps me coming back with new posts.

Have a fab WOYWW!

11 comments:

jude said...

Lovely creative desk this week.like the look of your prize you won too.have happy Wedensday hugs judex
http://crafts-international.blogspot.com/2011/03/woyww94certainly-not-my-mojo.html

Franka Benjaminsen said...

You won lovely chipboard accents. I'm looking foreward to see what you made with them. Bye Franka

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah, lots of lovely things as usual happening at your desk Holly TFS and Happy WOYWW!
Shaz in Oz.x

Karen said...

Congratulations on your lovely prize, a very creative desk as usual this week, you look like you are a busy bee :)
Have a happy WOYWW,
Karen xxx

Toni Cartwright said...

HI Harmony, congrats on the prize you won the look like fun chipboard pieces to play with....
and yes all our desks look like that i think at the end of each day if not week
have a great day and week
TONI
XOXOXOXOX

Rachael Funnell said...

Congrats on the chippie Holly!! can't wait to see your creations.... ahhh what a lil cutie, the photo of your niece!!
Enjoy the rest of your week......
XXX

Dale Tiernan said...

You could have one of those big Mr T style gold chains with a big gold 30 hanging on it on a card for your invite. Sorry, can't think of anything else.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your winnings and happy early birthday to your hubby. Sounds like the party will be great fun. Thanks for stopping by my desk. :-)

lisa said...

Congrats on your prize, Holly and can't wait to see what you've been buying. It's always eciting waiting for the postman isn't it.
Hugs Lisax

Marjo said...

Boy thats a tough one, pimps and ho's. Good luck Thanks for the peek and sharing. Have a wonderful WOYWW. Hugs, Marjo #154

Sheila said...

Yay for the prize!