20 June 2011

Some Velvet Ensemble

Hello everyone,
Firstly I want to say thankyou to all the lovely people who visit and leave sweet comments. I really appreciate it and it is such a great feeling to share with so many talented and inspirational people.

I recently got the lovely Velvet Ensemble collection by Kaisercraft and had a chance to create with it last night. I was inspired by one of the June challenges on the Kaiser blog. Here is the sketch:

Mostly I was inspired by the die cut shape but have been wanting to try the frill border thing for months after seeing a layout in a magazine on a round die cut cardstock. So this was a great opportunity and I must say, I am so in love with this layout. It could be one of my all time favourites. It features my bridal party and the quote is a Kaiser rub on relating to smiles, as it was one of the few photos of all 6 of them where they were all pretty much smiling. No one with their eyes shut or pulling a stupid face LOL

 Sorry my photo is a little lopsided! Ooops! I am a shocker at photographing layouts lol



Materials: Kaisercraft Velvet ensemble papers, sticker sheet, journal tags, paper blooms, bling and doilies; Kaisercraft After Five acetate; Prima flowers

So I have actually created a lot of things in the past couple of weeks, but as you may have noticed my blog has been a bit sparse on updates. That is due to the fact that most of them are DT creations so hopefully I will get to post them up for you all soon. Some won't be until next month though but I am loving them so can't wait to share. Otherwise I am busy trying to create a mini scrapbook for my boss who finishes this week. Oh and I may have some exciting work related promotion news to share soon. Will keep you posted.

Have a great week everyone!

Holly xo

9 comments:

Alanna said...

Ooooh... Holly this is amazing!! Where to start... your frill border looks fantastic!! And I love how you have cut the damask shape from the acetate. Your flower clusters look AMAZING! And your bridesmaid dresses go surprisingly well with this collection!! Your wedding album must be filling up fast! That quote goes wonderfully with the LO as well. I love this LO as well Holly - no wonder it's your new fav!!

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! Holly Loooooove it! this looks Gorgeous Girl.....
The frill boarder is Divine, gorgeous details & a gorgeous photo!!!
did I say I looooooove this!! hehehehe

Tracey said...

Just Beautiful!! Love the frill border, so many pretty details.

Kelly-ann Oosterbeek said...

Thats an awesome amount of pleating ... but your time and effort has paid off ... it's a beautiful page!

Anthea said...

Fabulous Layout!! Loving the flower cluster!

Camilla Ekman said...

This is so classy! I love Velvet Ensemble too!

tiffany said...

wow- this is a gorgeous layout!! love the lace around the edge and all the pearls!! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty! LOVE your girly flourishes and flowers and lace! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!

Erin Reed said...

Great layout!! Love your take on the sketch!! Thank for playing along at Sketches in Thyme, hope to see you play along next month!!