07 September 2012

White With 1 - September Challenge

Hey there

So glad it is Friday. It has been a very exhausting week at work and I am definitely ready for a restful weekend. This week was also a milestone in starting the 3rd trimester of my pregnancy too so that day we get to meet our baby is sneaking up closer and closer now. Less than 13 weeks to go!

I am happy that I have actually had the energy to join in a couple of challenges this week. Usually it seems I am only ever doing DT work these days and nothing outside of that. In saying that, I have a few DT layouts I need to get into ASAP for October releases but at least I have had a bit of a chance to branch out.

This layout was for the September White with 1 challenge. The criteria for this month's challenge is:

WHITE + ORANGE + BLACK

So here is my layout:
 Materials: Bazill cardstock; Kaisercraft collectables; AC Thickers; D-lish scraps washi tape; Tim Holtz distress ink; Kaisercraft stamp; black paint.


I was feeling kind of lazy when I created this layout as when I decided I wanted a border, I could not be bothered trimming paper etc to do this. So I had the idea of just using a border of washi tape and am very happy with the result.

So this weekend I am going to start my plan towards a clean house. I have been subscribing to the Organised housewife 20 days to clean your house steps. Yes I'm a few days behind, but hopefully I can catch up with a day or two tomorrow and do it on days I have the time. Gotta get the house looking good before my baby shower in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, for now I might go make a birthday card and do some scrapping. If I can stay awake for long. Exhausted!

Have a great weekend

Holly x

4 comments:

Anne P said...

Looks fabulous Holly LOVE the washi border and this is a LOVELY LO. Such great pics.

Lizzyc said...

Beautiful in every way Holly!

Janice Nicholls said...

Love the butterflies, great photos and the washi tape boarder looks fabulous. Thanks for joining in and for sharing your page with us at WW1. :)

Billie-Jean Beveridge said...

Love what you have done with this months challenge, all those words look great! Thanks for playing along with us at WW1 :)