20 October 2012

A2Z October Releases Part 1

Hello

How are you all on this lovely weekend? It's extremely hot where I am in QLD. About 36 or so degrees so very summery already. And being 33 weeks pregnant, its not a great thing to be that hot even though I do love hot weather.

This morning a friend and I headed in to the Quilting and Scrapbooking expo in Brissie. There was not a great deal of scrap related items so amazingly I did not spend a lot. Mostly card marking supplies really since Christmas is nearing and a few other odds and ends.

Recently the latest A2Z Scraplets releases went up on the blog with some amazing inspiration from the DT. Here are my own October projects in case you missed the post:

Family Stories - This one is part of the 'Me' scrapbook project I recently decided to start and features my parents. There is hidden journally inside the envelope that tells a bit about my parents story.

 Materials: A2Z Scraplets heart border; Bo Bunny Timepiece collection; D-lish scraps flower & envelope.

Beware - It's a Baby Boom
 The story behind this one is that my sister and I were both pregnant at the same time. Big age gap between us. She is up to number 8 compared to my number one but we got the chance to get a couple of joint belly photos recently. Lucky too because her bub arrived this morning. A little boy. Unfortunately it was not a smooth labour as he had the cord wrapped around his neck but we are hoping all is okay and just waiting for a time to visit once my sis is rested. She was due Friday so we are only 6 weeks apart in due dates although with my first I will more likely have my bubs late but its nice they will have a cousin close in age.
 Materials: Echo park paper; D-lish scraps embellishments & twine; Purple pumpkin button; AC thickers; Jillybean soup alphas; dymo labeller; pink paint.
 Pretty hard to read my dymo journalling but its - I never expected the day would come with Tanya and I pregnant at the same time, me expecting my first and her with no. 8 due only 6 weeks apart. At the time of the photo we were 28 and 34 weeks.
The A2Z title was embossed with a spot folder in the cuttlebug and painted pink.

So Happy Together
 Materials: A2Z Scraplets title; echo park paper; d-lish scraps flowers and doily; tim holtz distress ink.


The journalling is about the fact that we were at a friend's wedding and this was the first couple photo of Simon and I with my bump on display so its special.

Anyway, that's enough shares for now. I'll share the other 3 October projects in another post so as not to overload you. Also just got an update from mum. My new nephew is feeding now so that's a great sign after his scary birth experience. All is looking well.

Holly xo

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

Hi Holly, Oh dear, I can only imagine how this hot weather must be making you feel, do look after yourself... these layouts are all very special in what they are about, and beautifully designed...the next 6 weeks will go fast!! take care..