08 October 2012

World Card Making Day

Hey

So yesterday was world card making day apparently. I didn't have a chance to do any crafting much yesterday as my husband and I had our first antenatal class at the hospital. It was good, but a little boring at times. Another 4 hours next Saturday. But at least we are learning some stuff about the scary world of parenthood... at least the labour and immediately after parts lol

I do not make cards often unless for a specific event, despite my best intentions of having a whole heap ready to go for those just in case moments. But today I decided to make a set of cards for one of the Scrapbooking Top 50 Amazing Race challenges. The challenge was to use a foreign word/sentiment on a layout or card set. I could have done any number of overseas photos with this challenge, however decided to go with yesterday's word card making theme and make a set of christmas cards.

My hubby's family is Polish so my 3 cards include a Polish christmas sentiment. Don't ask me to translate. I found 2 versions online, with the long one being the formal version and the briefer version my hubby tells me means 'Jesus' birthday' or similar. Ahh well.. that still works.




Have a great week.

Holly x

No comments: