31 January 2014

Double Layout - Family Holiday

The Kaisercraft blog Saturday sketches are back and after a trip to Spotlight yesterday for fabric, I did happen to come home with the Getaway edition of the Kaiser Captured Memories project life style cards. And this actually inspired me to want to do a scrapbook layout instead of PL.

So I decided to join in with the January sketch:
It was a bit of a last minute decision and I ran out of sunlight before I had time to photograph so please mind the not so great photographs.

I actually decided to turn this into a double page layout since I had lots of photos to include from our recent holiday. And thanks to the film strip element, it was the perfect time to use one of the Scrapmatts film strip chipboards. I added little photos in behind it. Love the way it turned out.






I used quite a mixed bag of Kaiser collections. Captured moments-Getaway, Velvet Ensemble, Timeless classics 12x12 pad, Picked pear Then a few bits of Scrapmatts and some Thickers for the title.

I actually found this double a little challenging lol It took me 2 sittings to complete as I got frustrated at it last night but am happy with the end result now.

Thanks for popping by

Holly x

2 comments:

Dale Tiernan said...

The colours are super sophisticated. I love it.

Tracey said...

Wow.....you did a great job, it looks fabulous, love the double!